Aluminum expanded metal for fencing and window screens
Aluminum expanded metal sheet is produced by applying perforation and subsequent stretching of the aluminum metal sheet, which forms a continuous web grid consisting of diamond-shaped holes located strictly staggered at regular intervals, not having any woven or welded connections. At the subsequent rolling, expanded metal sheet can achieve uniform thickness and smooth surface, which forms flattened expanded sheet. But without the rolling, the sheet has a raised surface. Hole openings are nominally measured the long way of the diamond (LWD) and the short way of the diamond (SWD).
Aluminum raised expanded metal sheet
Expanded metal details:
We can fabricate aluminum expanded metal in standard and flattened, heavy duty and light duty metal mesh types and in a variety of patterns, designs and sizes.
- Surface: flattened (smooth) and standard (raised) surface. Raised or standard expanded sheets offer a skid-resistant surface and a high strength-to-weight ratio.
- Hole patterns: diamond shape, square shape , Round shape , Hexagon shape , Decorative shape.
- Finish: mill, polish, or black power coated.
- Aluminum sheet thickness: 0.4mm to 8mm,
- Standard sheet sizes: 1000 × 2000mm , 1250 × 2500mm , 1500 × 3000mm.
- Width 500, 600 , 700, 800 , 900 , 1000 , 1250, 1400mm.
- Length 2m to 3.5m .
- Delivered in sheets or in rolls .
Aluminum flat expanded metal sheet
Black Powder Coated Expanded Aluminum Mesh
Aluminum Expanded Metal Features
- Corrosion resistance, Non-magnetic.
- Lighter weight than steel, copper, and brass.
- High strength-to-weight ratio.
- High electrical conductivity.
- Easy to weld, and cut with proper equipment.
- Heavy duty aluminum expanded metal sheets are extensively used in building facades, highway and railway road fencing, overhead highway signage, floor gratings, and work shop walkways, working platforms and stair treads, and machinery guards.
- Light duty expanded metals are suitable for aluminum security window screen and for manufacturing filter.